MaPS is teaching face to face workshops in Semester 2, 2023.
All our software workshops are available online via youtube.com/watchmaps
Jactech will open as normal from Week 1, Semester 2.
We’ll be offering a virtual help desk via email!
Although face to face support will be available, email is the best way to initially seek support from MaPS.
Email MaPS at: [email protected] if you need assistance with equipment, software or just want some production feedback or advice.
We look forward to supporting you this year!
We thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times!
Welcome to JACtech (Journalism and Communications technology) and MaPS (Media and Production Support). The JACTech and Maps team provide technical support and training to students within the School of Communication and Arts.
Read more about the team’s functions below.
- Loans high quality production equipment to students
- Oversees studio facility bookings
- Teaches workshops in video, audio, photography, print and web production
- Runs a help desk to support students with production projects
- Offers a paid video production service to the University and external clients
Book a MaPS production workshop to learn new skills in software and gear.
Borrow production gear from Jactech.
Refresh your skills with in depth video tutorials for Adobe Suite software and downloadable PDFs for using DSLR cameras.
Get in touch to organise production support, change a workshop or speak to us about gear.